If World War 3 were to break out, how do you believe it would affect the average American?
This question depends on where to break out is. Generally speaking, I believe a large section of the populace will panic. They are just not prepared, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially or have the necessary skills to actually provide for themselves or their families.
People would be so stunned by the depth of cuts needed to provide the necessary material to fight a World War that government (local and national) would have to step in on an even more intrusive level. Many ‘average Americans” would starve, die of diseases, or just succumb to the circumstances as they are not prepared for something of this magnitude. We have forgotten the lessons of the past.
What challenges do you think we would face here at home?
2. Access to Medical services
3. “Things” breaking down and no idea how to fix or manage without them
– Computers, banking, cars, etc.…
What shortages would occur?
Fuel, Power, Food staples (sugar, butter, meats), Medications, Metal, Labor (farm, “menial”), Textiles, Precious Metals. This list is far from complete, but highlights those things that come immediately to mind.
Don’t forget that the things needed to produce them would also be in limited supply, so to would be the individuals that know how to make things.
We have become a nation that insists on attending Colleges and Universities instead of trade schools, we are losing the ability to “make” things and keep them up and running.
How would you prep for this?
1. LEARN how to do many different things. Doesn’t mean I have to master them, just means I have to make things work for my needs.
2. GROW the items that will allow me to survive and hopefully thrive.
3. STOCK UP on the items I can’t grow or procure.
– Meats, arms, spare parts, tools, toiletries, medications
– Precious metals
– Communications capability 4. REUSE, REFURBISH everything
5. NOW put items up that have “proven” long shelf life.
– Canning, smoking, curing the items I need and like.
6. CONTACTS are needed because no one person can do everything
7. CURRENTLY try to live that lifestyle, as anything over and above is a gift and should be treated so
8. MENTALLY prepare to do what is necessary to ensure my families welfare and safety
9. PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE some more
10. FAITH we will all need this to get through
11. GUTS, trust your guts before your heart when dealing with mankind in all things
– People WILL screw you and attempt to take what you have work hard for
12. TRUST the ones you have chosen to be in your life